When the bride and groom crowd surf at the end of the reception, you know it was a great party! Kelley and Michael's sense of adventure and dedication to each other was evident all weekend.
Michelle and Jonathan were family friends for years, but didn't start dating until a chance meeting as Michelle was moving into her new home. We had a great time with a super fun team on their gorgeous wedding day. The Le Richelieu Hotel French Quarter was the perfect, intimate setting for the couple to get ready with their friends and family. Everyone then headed over to the beautiful Immaculate Conception Jesuit Church for an emotional ceremony, and then Latrobe's On Royal to party all night with the always hopping, Groovy 7. Ruby and Pearl Events kept the day on track, and make sure to check out the Matthew Foster Photography blog at the link below for all of the sweet photos. A classic cake by La Louisiane, accented by stunning florals by Kim Starr Wise Floral Events (including a wall of greenery creating an intimate cigar lounge outside of Latrobe's) and glowing decor (see photos below) by Luminous Events of New Orleans gave the entire day a romantic, elegant, and classic feel. Melissa Vaccaro did all the gals' makeup beautifully, and Moughnay Clark and Teeze Salon perfected all of the hairdos. The Paulin Brothers Brass Band ended the night leading a wild New Orleans second line through the French Quarter (even down Bourbon Street with lots of onlookers!!), and Michelle and Jonathan road off into newlywed bliss via pedicab! Check it all out below in their Bride Film!
- Prep: Le Richelieu Hotel French Quarter
- Ceremony: Immaculate Conception Jesuit Church
- Reception: Latrobe's on Royal
- Coordination: Ruby & Pearl
- Cinematography: Bride Film
- Photographer: Matthew Foster Photography
- Florist: Kim Starr Wise Floral Events
- Candle Decor: Luminous Events
- Cake: La Louisiane
- Band: Groovy 7
- Second Line Band: Paulin Brothers Brass Band
- Makeup: Melissa Vaccaro
- Hair: Moughnay Clark and Teeze Salon
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Before your margarita happy hour begins, you must check out the newest Bride Film.
Kristie & Patrick's wedding day was full of beautiful details and sweet moments. The wedding cake by Bittersweet Confections was one of the most unique, ornate, and beautiful cakes we have EVER seen, and the second line was a BLAST lead by the Mardi Gras Indians! Check out the amazing team of vendors, Bride Film trailer and still frames below to get a glimpse at Kristie & Patrick's One Fine Day. - MC
- Bride & Groom Prep: Hotel Monteleone
- Ceremony: Rayne Memorial Methodist Church
- Reception: Latrobe's on Royal
- Coordination: Cammy Livingston
- Video: Bride Film
- Photo: Matthew Foster Photography
- Florals: The Plant Gallery (Shane Burroughs)
- Cake: Bittersweet Confections (Cheryl Scripter)
- Lighting: Luminous Events (Lisa LaFrance)
- Hair & Makeup: Artistry by Delilah
"We LOVE going to New Orleans. Every chance we get to go out of town, we always choose NOLA. We love the city, the food, the music...everything!
The proposal happened New Year's Eve (Dec. 31, 2013) in New Orleans. We were getting ready to leave his family's condo in Algiers to go to Jax Brewery for the evening. We were in the living room and I turned around to him on one knee. There was another couple with us and they were able to record the whole thing. It was wonderful! For our wedding website I rewrote 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' from Patrick's perspective."